Today, September 9, 2009, Apple had their “Rock and Roll” event at which they announced the new 3.1 firmware update for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Below are the main points that Apple shared.
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos1
- iTunes U content organization1
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to ”Save as new clip” when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrect
HERE you can find the download links for the 3.1 firmware specified for your device.