Transferring music, videos, photos, data, and more from an iPhone, iPod, or iPad to iTunes couldn’t be easier with DiskAid. DiskAid is a free program available for both Windows and Mac OS X but for a small price you can unlock some awesome features. Before we begin the tutorial, DiskAid has a regular price tag of $29.90USD, however, by going to http://www.digidna.net/techgeec the price will drop a cool 30% to $20.93USD; not too steep when all of DiskAid’s features are taken into consideration.
|Transfer Files to Apps|
|Access File System|
|Transfer Camera Roll Photos|
|Copy Music & Videos|
|Copy SMS, Contacts, Voicemail & other Data|
Once you have DiskAid downloaded and installed, follow the simple steps below to transfer your music over to your computer. Alternatively, feel free watch the above video tutorial.
- Plug your device into your computer and open DiskAid.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, under the “Music & Videos” tab select “Music” (or whichever media you wish to transfer).
- If you wish to transfer all of the media on the device to the computer, click the “Copy to Computer” button at the top of the window. Otherwise, if you only want to transfer a select number of items, select which items you want transferred by holding the “Ctrl” key (Windows) or “Command” key (Mac) and select each item. Once finished click the “Copy to Computer” button.
- When asked what you would like to copy, select your preferences. If you only chose to transfer a select number of songs (or other media), choose the “Only Selected Media” option. If you’d like the media to be copied directly into iTunes select “To iTunes” when asked “Where would you like to copy?” Alternatively, you can transfer the media to a folder on your computer or external drive by selecting “To a folder of my choice” and browse for which folder you would like the media to be transferred to.
- Finally you will be asked which library data you would like imported. It’s suggested to leave the default options selected and import all data (playlists, ratings, play counts, last played dates). Click “Next” and DiskAid will begin importing your media. Remember, this copies the media; it won’t remove it from your device.
It’s as simple as that! Remember that DiskAid can do so much than just copy media to a computer and don’t forget to use the 30% off discount by downloading DiskAid from http://www.digidna.net/techgeec.