As we all know, Apple decided to come out with their own version of multitasking in iOS4. The problem is that it’s not “true” multitasking. In this tutorial, I will explain how to use Apple’s multitasking bar with Backgrounder. This disables Apple’s multitasking and replaces it with Backgrounder’s multitasking.
This is great for older iDevices with 128MB RAM (iPod touch 1G, iPod touch 2G, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G) because they don’t support Apple’s multitasking but it will still work perfectly using this method.
1. Open Cydia and download Backgrounder
2. Open Backgrounder and go to Global. Make sure “Backgrounder” is checked as ‘Backgrounding Method’ and “Fall Back to Native” is TURNED OFF
3. SSH into the directory: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
4. Locate the N72AP.plist (or N82AP.plist)
5. Backup the .plist file. Edit your .plist in any text editing software and add the following key after <dict> and before </dict>:
6. Copy the newly edited .plist file back to the directory on your iDevice (OR save it if you edited it straight from your SSH client) and REBOOT.
7. Open Cydia and download a package, “Remove Recents”.
8. Respring (or reboot if you don’t know how to respring).