The revolutionary new iPhone/iPod Touch operating system, iOS 4, has been successfully jailbroken using Redsn0w. Here’s how:
2. Connect your device to your computer and shut it off (slide to shut down)
3. Download the corresponding iOS 4 firmware for your iDevice from the “Downloads” section of TechGeec.com
4. Open Redsn0w and browse for the firmware that you downloaded. Select “Next”
5. Select which features you’d like to be installed with the jailbreak (certain devices cannot have multitasking, homescreen wallpaper, or battery percentage so enabling those features gives that device the features)
6. Click “Next” twice and prepare to put your iDevice into DFU Mode
7. On the screen that shows you what to do to put your device in Recovery Mode:
Hold power button for 3 seconds
While still holding the power button, hold the home button for 10 seconds
While still holding the home button, release the power button and continue holding the home button for 30 seconds
8. Congratulations! Once your device reboots you should have Cydia on your home screen.
Feel free to leave a comment below stating what your favorite feature of iOS 4 is, if you enjoy jailbreaking, if you’ve had any problems, or any other sort of feedback, and please, share this post and TechGeec.com with your friends.